2015-16 Education Series Announced
The Fox Cities Performing Arts Center announced to educators last night a season designed exclusively for their students. Our Bemis Company Education Series aligns the arts and the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards to help teachers infuse the arts with other subject areas such as history, science or language arts in their classrooms.
Each year more than 23,000 students come to the Center to participate in an education show and learning experience. The shows explore an array of diverse topics from key historical moments to exciting cultural adventures while teaching important life lessons for PreK-12th grade students.
Next season local students have some great performances to look forward to:
- Artistic Adventures Presented in partnership with the Fox Cities Building for the Arts and the Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra Part 1: September-October, 2015 Part 2: Mon., March 21, 2016 12:30 p.m.
- Cirque Alfonse: Timber! Thursday, Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:30 p.m.
- Theaterworks USA production of Junie B. Jones’ Essential Survival Guide to School Monday, Nov. 9, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Theater Latté Da’s All is Calm — The Christmas Truce of 1914 Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015 at 12:30 p.m.
- Chicago Children’s Theater’s Red Kite, Brown Box Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15, 2016 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. This performance is designed specifically for students on the autism spectrum.
- I Have A Dream Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2016 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey Starring Jasmine Guy and The Avery Sharpe Trio Friday, Jan. 29, 2016 at 12:30 p.m.
- Theatreworks USA production of The Untold Stories of Aesop’s Fables Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Lightwire Theater’s Moon Mouse: A Space Odyssey Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Blaze The International Dance Spectacular Monday, Feb. 29, 2016 at 12:30 p.m.
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood – Live! Friday, March 4, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Dallas Children’s Theater’s The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Griffin Theatre Company’s Frindle Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Ballet Folklorico “Quetzalli” dè Veracruz Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- The Improvised Shakespeare Company Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
You can find out more about each show at foxcitiespac.com/educators.
Bemis Company, Inc., is proud to serve as the title sponsor of the Bemis Company Education Series. Additional community support for the series is provided by Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Miller Electric and ITW and We Energies Foundation. Bemis Company Education Series’ performances are also supported by Associated Bank/Associated Wealth Management, Bergstrom Automotive, O.C. and Pat Boldt, Bruce and Nancy Chudacoff, Grant Thornton LLP, Great Northern Corporation, Hand to Shoulder Center of Wisconsin, Johnson Bank/Johnson Insurance, Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery & Pregnancy S.C., Menasha Corporation Foundation, Chuck and Barb Merry, Michiels Fox Banquets Rivertyme Catering, David, Kim and Max Ritzow, Schneider Foundation, Mary A. Strange, Willis and Woodward Radio Group.
We’re so excited for another great year!